Wellness Banner Project
AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 45 MINUTES - 1 HOUR
What are the things we can do every day to keep healthy and happy? Let's create a wellness banner to remind us. Make a flag that has a helpful hint like “Step Outside” or “Read a Book” and put them all together to inspire wellness throughout our day.
Families will discuss ways to be healthy and happy. They will also create together.
- String (yarn, thread, fishing line, dental floss)
- Branches (dry branches that were found on the ground)
- Green paper*
- Yellow paper*
- White paper*
- Blue paper*
- Glue (glue stick or liquid) or tape
*PAPER SUBSTITUTION OPTION:
Tissue paper painted a color, construction paper, gift wrap, paper bags, scrap paper from mailings
- Make a list of things you can do to have a great day
- Cut out flags of all colors of paper-the more the better
- Cut out decorations for your flags-stars, circles, leaves
- Glue the decorations onto the flags
- Write your helpful hint onto each flag
- Fold the flag over the string and glue together the flag-repeat this step with each flag
- Hang your banner!