The project should easily be accomplished by ages 4 and up with help from a parent or guardian.
30 min - 1 hour
This week with ARTmobile@home, celebrate yourself and what makes you unique with a watercolor self-portrait.
Children are learning to celebrate themselves by doing this project. They can think about how their minds and bodies are unique to them as they trace their own photos!
- Photo of yourself (on printer paper)
- Pencil, chalk, or graphite
- Thin black marker
- Cup of water
- Paper towels
- Watercolor paper
- Start by selecting a photo you want to paint.
- Make sure to print your photo out on normal printer paper.
- Flip the picture over and color in the backside with a pencil, chalk, or graphite.
- Tape the photo onto the watercolor paper.
- Carefully outline the major shapes of the photo with a pencil and make sure to outline the edges but not to the details within it.
- Remove the photo when done tracing and start filling in the shapes with watercolor paint.
- Once the paint is dry, go in with a thin black marker and draw over the pencil lines.