Tissue Paper Flower
AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 45 MINUTES - 1 HOUR
With spring and summer come lots of rainy days. Even on those rainy days we can still enjoy the flowers, so we'll just make some of our own!
Children can engage their creativity in creating flower. They will also pratice work with different types of materials, such as the delicate tissues.
- Tissue or Tissue Paper
- Wire, twist tie, or pipe cleaner
- Makers or paint
- Straw (paper straw is recommended)
- Construction paper
- Clear tape/glue
- Hole Punch
- Stack 2-3 piece of tissue or tissue paper
- Accordion fold into a rectangle shape
- Twist tie them together
- Carefully pull the tissue layers apart
- Put the end of the tie inside a straw (you can apply a small amount of glue to help keep them together)
- Lightly touch with maker to color in petals, if using paint use a small amount
- Color or paint the stem
- Create leaves (however you want, folding is recommended)
- Tape or glue leaves to your stem
- Make more flowers with a variety of colors! You can display them in a vase.