AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR
Create these rocking snails from home with ARTmobile@home! Can you make the snails different sizes? How could you decorate a black shell? Get creative and try making a whole snail family!
Children will create 3-D snails using paper. The snails will “rock” back and forth when done. Children will be experimenting and learning how the shape of the paper snail helps it rock back and forth.
- Markers or Crayons
- Colorful paper
- Circle Stencil (optional) (use round objects to trace different sized circles such as a cup or can; for small circles try a marker)
- Glitter or Glitter Glue (optional)
- Other Decorating Supplies (such as tissue paper, sequins, googley eyes, etc)
- Cut a large circle for the body, a medium circle for the shell, and two small circles for the snail's eyes
- Fold the large paper in half
- Glue the medium sized paper to on side of the folded large circle
- Glue on the snails eyes
- Draw on the eyes and smile
- Now it's time to decorate! Use glitter, crayons, tissues paper, feathers, etc to decorate your snail's shell