AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 MIN - 1 HOUR
As leaves change colors, flowers wilt, and fall turns to winter, join ARTmobile@home in turning your garden upside-down and have fun by preserving your plants and flowers! This is a great way to hold on to the colors of summer and repurpose old bouquets.
Great opportunity children to explore the outdoors and discover the nature all around us.
- Flowers and plants
- Rubber bands
- Liquid glue
- Toilet paper roll
- Card stock or construction paper
- Glossy Spray (optional)
- Pick some plants and flowers with stems or repurpose an old bouquet
- Straighten and tie the flower and plant stems together
- Hang them upside-down until completely dry (up to 5 days)
- Optional: Cut and paint the toilet paper roll with watercolor to create a wood log.
- Use liquid glue to display them the way you want (use scissors to cut the stems if needed)
- Optional: Spay the artwork with glossy spray to give it a shiny appearance.
Some ideas to display:
- Making your or someone else’s name with dried plants and flowers
- Halloween woods scene
- Name or label the plants and flowers that you know