Paper Roll Picture Frame
AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 min - 1 HOUR
Do you have a favorite place to go? Or a special moment to share? Let’s keep the memories inside a frame by upcycling paper rolls into a frame!
Practice recounting and telling storie that goes along with the picture or memory. Practice fine moter skills and using a scissors. Reuse and upcycle old materials.
- 4-5 toilet paper or towel tubes
- Colored construction paper
- String (yarn, ribbon, etc.)
- Pencil (optional)
- Flatten the paper rolls,
- Cut the rolls into small pieces (about 1 – 1 ½ cm wide).
- Glue the pieces together into a picture frame shape, use the construction paper as a size and shape measurement.
- Carefully glue the inside edge of the frame to the paper.
- Let it dry.
- Cut off the edges of the paper that show under the roll pieces. (Optional: Use pencil to trace the shape, then flip the paper and cut the extra pieces off.)
- String the frame for hanging
- Pick a picture and glue it down to the center of the frame (use sticky tack/ putty if you want to change to a different picture later)
- Hang it up and share your favorite memories or photos!