AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR
What is your favorite instrument?
Our little froggy, Pokko,from "Pokko and the Drum" by Matthew Forsythe LOVES his drum so much. His friends even join him, and together they make a huge band. Let us make a mini drum together so we can also be part of the band!
Learn about music instruments from the book Pokko and the Drum by Matthew Forsythe.
- 2 Paper cups
- Paint, markers, watercolor, or colored paper
- 2 Q-tips
- Design and decorate your cups using paint, watercolors, or by cutting and glue paper. Allow time to dry.
- Glue the top of the cups together, let dry.
- Cut one end of each Q-tip to create drumsticks
- Paint the cotton and a portion of the sticks, let dry.
- See if you can play some beats! Have fun making music with your very own mini drums!