Melted Crayons Art
AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 MIN - 1 HOUR
Colorful and easy to personalize, we are painting with crayons! Perfect for upcycling broken or unused crayons, join us to learn how to shred and melt crayon to create beautiful speckled art.
Children will learn a new skills for creating art including working with negative space and using heat to transform materials. Children can exercise their creativity and find a larger range of use for traditional art materials.
- Thick Paper
- Crayons (upcycle old or broken crayons)
- Cheese grater
- Painters tape
- Parchment paper
- Start by peeling the wrappers off of all the crayons you want to use
- Tape off any section of the paper you may want to keep blank, such as a letter or a design.
- Holding the cheese grater over the piece of paper, carefully rub the crayons against the grater to shred them. Use multiple colors and as much crayon as you would like!
TIP: The more crayon you use, the more color’s you get in the end.
- With the help of an adult, plug in an iron and turn it to a low setting. (Make sure the iron has no water in it).
- Place the parchment paper over of your work.
- Carefully use the hot iron and rub it on the parchment paper, the crayons will melt underneath.
- When done, wait a few seconds and peel the parchment paper off of the work.
Now you have beautiful abstract art!