"I Am Enough" Hand Creation
AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR
This project reflects the book “I Am Enough” by Grace Byers. You can find the book read allowed on YouTube. Listen to the book, and then reflect on who you are and what makes you unique. Use this project as an expression of who youare and what makes you, YOU.
This project looks at diversity and celebrates all the things that make someone unique. It can bring together different people through the same project.
Art Materials Needed
- Magazines to cut apart
- Any materials to use in representing who you are: glitter, beads, sequins, paint, pipe cleaners, etc.
- Start with a piece of paper and a pencil
- Lay your hand with fingers spread onto the piece of paper and trace your hand and wrist
- Outline the trace with a marker
- Look in old magazines to find images that represent you and who you are
- Cut out the images and glue them in or around the traced image of your hand
- Continue decorating your hand with anything that makes you happy, such as buttons, glitter, paint, beads, markers, etc. The possibilities are endless!