AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR
Spring has sprung! We're jumping into the Spring season by creating your very own flowerpot creature, all while being conscientious of the Earth by using recycled materials. Let’s have some fun!
Using milk jugs, empty coffee cartons, or really anything else that is either plastic or metal based we will create flowerpots. We can use paint or any other kind of durable, waterproof materials to decorate the outside of the container. Then, place dirt in the pot along with seeds of choice.
Kids will get to explore their creativity by designing their own monster, all while learning about plants and how to grow them by making their own flowerpot.
- Milk jog, coffee container, or another upcycled container that holds moister well
- Paints and brushes
- Masking Tape
- Any other materials you would like to use to decorate your flowerpot creature
- Lay out paint colors that you would like to use, then paint whichever colors or patterns you would like.
- Once container is completely painted, set aside to dry. This could take 10 to 20 minutes depending on the paint.
- Using the sharpie, draw two large doorway-shapes onto the cardboard (These will be used for the eyes of the creature.)
- Cut out the shapes.
- Using paint, cover the cut outs completely.
- Set aside to dry.
- Flowerpot creature come in many shapes and sizes! For our creature we are adding a unicorn horn!