AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 1 -2 HOURS
The weather is getting colder and the leaves are beginning to change. Fall is here, so this week with ARTmobile we are going to celebrate it!
This project is great for younger kids to practice their fine motor skills. By tracing, cutting, gluing, and painting, kids will hone their dexterity in a fun and creative way. Children can also use this time to practice colors, objects, and holidays associated with fall such as changing leaves, harvesting crops, and holidays such as Halloween.
- Paper Plates
- Construction Paper
- Scrap Paper
- Popsicle Stick
- Hole Punch
- Take three paper plates, and paint one orange, one red, and one black. Paint the front and back of each plate, We will use these to make a cat, a jack o' lantern, and a caramel apple.
- On the orange plate, paint in three tringles, two for the eyes and one for the nose. Paint in a mouth as well, like a jack o' lantern
- On the red plate, paint a squiggly line through the middle. Fill in one half of the plate with brown. Then, using white paint put in dots. These are the nuts on your caramel apple.
- On the black plate, paint in the eyes of your cat, then paint in the nose, mouth, and whiskers.
- Now, take red, yellow, and orange of construction paper and trace the outline of a leaf that you found outside. Make three leaves of each color.
- Cut them out.
- Take a hole punch and punch a hole in the top of each leaf.
- Optional : Trace out the words “Happy Fall” on two different sheets of paper and cut them out.
- Now, using scrap paper, cut out a stem for the jack o' lantern and staple it on.
- Make ears for the cat and staple them onto the plate.
- Glue a popsicle stick to the bottom of the apple.
- Place a hole punch in the top of each paper plate.
- Take a good amount of string and string on your leaves, plates, and words however you would like.
- Hang up the string and space out the contents to create your banner. There you have it, you can now celebrate fall with your new banner.