DIY Coloring Booklet
AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 1 HOUR
Children, with help from their parents or guardians, will create their own coloring books using simple and accessible artmaterials found around the home.
Children will get to practice folding skills along with their creativity to imagine ideas of what to draw and outline. They will also practice tracing and pattern creation skills with rulers to create the boxes in each coloring sheet.
- Sharpie or black marker
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Take a piece of color paper and fold it in half vertically (hamburger style)
- Do the same with five pieces of white paper
- Place all of the folded white paper inside of the folded color paper
- Place three staples on the folded edge to secure all of the sheets together
- Design the cover of the coloring booklet
- On the first page of the white paper, outline an animal or other subject using a pencil
- After you finish the outline, trace over it using a Sharpie or black marker
- Place a ruler across your outline and using a pencil trace random lines across it (Make sure the lines stay inside of the outline and not onto the other parts of the paper)
- Trace the pencil lines with a sharpie
- Repeat the above steps to create several coloring sheets
- Using markers, crayons, colored pencils, or whichever method you prefer, color in your homemade coloring book!