Create Your Own Superhero
AGE RANGE: PROJECT SHOULD BE EASILY ACCOMPLISHED BY AGES 4 AND UP WITH HELP FROM PARENT OR GUARDIAN
APPROXIMATE TIME: 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR
What do you love about superheros? Is it their strength? Or is it their drive to save the world? Regardless, we all have a superhero inside of us, along with our own super powers. With this ARTmobile project, we're are going to explore our own powers and the qualities that make us great.
This project encourages kids to look inside and see the things that they love about themselves. Self-love is a vital skill to have in order to grow into a happy and healthy individual. Especially in times like now, it is easy to feel stressed and blue, even for children, as their lives are drastically different too. So, this project encourages self-love and self-esteem and recognizing the “superhero” that we all have inside of us.
- Regular sharpie
- Thin point sharpie
- Colored Pencils
- First, take a piece of paper list at least 3 or 4 qualities about yourself that you admire.
- Next, flip over the paper and start designing your superhero! Do they look like you? What does their superhero outfit look like? Do they wear a cape? Use your creativity and explore what you can design!
- Next, outline your superhero with a thin sharpie.
- Now, color in the superhero with colored pencils, markers, or crayons.
- After you are done coloring, writing the things you admire about yourself around the superhero. You can write these however you like, but I did bubble letters.
- If you decided on bubble letters, outline the words with a sharpie and color them in!
- And there you have it! Your very own superhero!