Projects should be easily acommplished by ages 5 and up with help from parent or guardian.
This week with ARTmobile@home we will be using paper to create a beautiful flower that has concentric petals. Create this flower by using many different colored and sized circles to make a concentric pattern!
This project will help to teach about the geometry and patterns of circles and how we can create art out of them. The patern we are creating is called concentric, these are cirlces that have the same center point.
- Different circle shaped objects to use for tracing
- (plate, bow, cup, tape roll, etc.)
- Construction Paper (multiple colors)
- Trace all the circles using patterns (things you found). Alternate colors as you make circles in different sizes.
- Cut the shapes out.
- Glue them in order. Make sure to center all the circle together.
- Draw petals around the centered circle and cut around them to make a flower. Tip: Draw from inside out to avoid messing up the layers.
- Cut out a flower stem and glue it on the back of the flower (if you would like).
- Make flower pistil by cutting tiny pieces of paper. Spread glue on the centered circle and sprinkling them on it.
- Erase the pencil marks for a clean look.
- Display your artwork on the wall or on a glass window where it catches a lot of sunlight.