The project should easily be accomplished by ages 4 and up with help from a parent or guardian.
30 min - 1 hour
This week with ARTmobile@home we will be using the common dandelion to create a 3D painting that showcases its beauty. Read along with us as we explore Ame Dyckman’s book Dandy, that has inspired this week’s project!
Learn about dandelions, the type of plant that looks like flowers but spread like weeds, from the book Dandy by Ame Dyckman.
Art Materials Needed
- Cardstock paper
- Cotton Balls
- Water spray
- Glossy spray (adult assist)
- Carefully spray the dandelion with glossy spray, let dry.
- Place the dandelion on a piece of cardstock paper, color of your choice.
- Squeeze glue on the bottom of the paper and over the dandelion root.
- Unroll the cotton ball to create a fluffy surface and lay it over the glue.
- Paint over the cotton with watercolor to create the lawn (try different techniques: wet on wet, dry on dry, wet on dry, and dry on wet to see how they turn out differently)
- Spray another layer of glossy polish after the painting is dry to secure everything together.
- Display your artwork and enjoy the 3D dandelion painting.